- Providing generalist HR advisory and support to all stakeholders
- Processes, Policies, and Procedures development
- Ensuring company compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR), in the capacity of the Data Protection Officer
- Leading strategic HR projects which support the growth of the HR Department, and the business as a whole
- Keeping in regular contact with Staff and Managers, where appropriate
- Leading on Employment Tribunal Cases, including completing ET3s, liaising with ACAS, negotiating/Judicial Mediation, attending ET hearings, drafting Settlement Agreements (COT3s), and working with Trade Unions and their officials/representatives.
- Designing training, advising, guiding, and coaching Management (at all levels), around complex HR issues; including processes such as: conducting investigations, Disciplinary and Grievance Hearings, handling flexible working requests, conflict resolution, the use of mediation in the workplace, policy interpretation, Performance/Capability Management, Absence Management, and other duties, in line with the ACAS Code of Practice.
- Overseeing recruitment and onboarding activities with HR Assistant.
- Coaching Managers around recruitment (Safer/Fair recruitment) and the employee life cycle, from inception to exit; including advertising/sourcing, engagement, interviewing/interview techniques, Right to Work compliance/due diligence, Inductions, Probation Monitoring & Reviews, Supervisions/Appraisals and Exit Interviews.
- Leading on complex Redundancy, TUPE and contractual dispute cases.
- Creating, updating, and implementing people policies & procedures, new Employment Contracts, Employee Handbooks, job descriptions and person specifications.
- Overseeing with HR Assistant Risk Assessments around DBS disclosures and occupational health for employees returning to work after long-term sickness or injury and DSE requirements.
- Ensuring HR assistant is compliant with Right to Work, references, DBS, and all compliance checks are upheld, in line with Safer Recruitment
- Supporting, or leading, organisational initiatives which are people focused such as employee wellbeing and engagement programmes.
- Delegate to HR Assistant with any administrative actions or tasks across all areas of the HR function, including training.
- Working with HR Assistant to deal with general, day-to-day queries. Ensuring all HR files are maintained and up to date
- Supporting the Payroll function around complex cases
- Understanding the complexities of the organisation
- Build, lead and develop a HR team to meet the needs of a very fast-growing business.
- Data analysis and reporting on statistics to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Working closely with the Facilities and Risk Management Co-ordinator, to ensure that all aspects, including legal compliance, are met.
- Supporting business improvement through ad hoc project work
To carry out Day-to-Day running of the HR Department, supporting Senior Management Team (Operations Director, Business Operations Manager, Head of Health and Wellbeing, and the Head of Clinical Services.) Advising and supporting the business within your HR capacity. Ensuring high level of quality and compliance for the Business while maintaining professional but approachable manner. Analysing current systems and striving to improve effectiveness and efficacy.